Screenwriter, director, and leading tutor at the Moscow School of New Cinema. Maria was born in Moscow in 1986. In 2008 she graduated from the Faculty of Journalism, Moscow State University. In 2016 she graduated from the Moscow School of New Cinema (director’s laboratory of Dmitry Mamulia). Since 2018 she is a leading tutor of the Directing lab at the Moscow School of New Cinema.
Her directorial debut, the feature film In Deep Sleep took part in the Forum programme at the 2020 Berlin International Film Festival.
2019 — IN DEEP SLEEP. Feature film — Screenwriter and director. The picture took part
in the Forum Programme at the 2020 Berlin International Film Festival.
2019 — THE CRIMINAL MAN. Feature film directed by Dmitry Mamulia — Co-screenwriter.
– Screened at the Venice International Film Festival in 2019.
– Award for the Best Script at the Minsk International Film Festival “Listapad” in 2019.
– Award for the Best Director at the Istanbul International Film Festival in 2019.
2016 — NEVER-ENDING CONVERSATION. MAMLEEV. Documentary film directed by Dmitry Mamulia and Valentina Antonova — Film editor.
– Screened at the Beat Film Festival in 2017.
– Screened at the Documentary Film Festival FIDMarseille in 2017.